24 June 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Turasan 2013 Syrah

I must preface this by saying that I actually drank this wine before the Emir I recently both reviewed and enjoyed. So...grain of salt.

Since I've had a couple bad experiences with Turasan wines I was pleasantly surprised by one M bought a while ago. Like the previously reviewed Emir, the 2013 Syrah may have changed my mind. And at 38TL won't break the bank.


A pretty purple and a spicy, plummy nose lead to a soft wine and a mouth full of blackberries. I thought I also tasted sour cherries but either the wine was a little too yeasty or I don't know what a red currant tastes like. According to the bottle I should have been smelling/tasting red currants and it is pretty fair to say that I have never in my life eaten a currant.



Was I super blown away? No. Did I find a decent table wine that I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve people, yes.In a world where a good wine can set you back $50+ that's a win in my book.

No comments: