05 August 2015

Turkish Wine of the Week - Suvla 2014 Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon

I love the Suvla Sauvignon Blanc. Love. So when I was recommended the Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon blend I was only too happy to try it. I don't know much about Semillons and learning with Suvla is usually a safe bet, especially at 43TL a bottle.

Suvla's blend is very, very pale, almost colorless; but what it lacks in color it makes up for in the nose. Floral, peach, and grapefruit. On the palate I got a lot of butter but also peach, citrus, and a little mango I think.


Crisp, minerally, and with a long, clean finish this medium bodied white would pair nicely with medium spicy Asian foods, white fish, chicken, and rich cheeses.

I really wanted to love this one. White wines are not my thing so when I find one I really love I'm super happy. This was not one of those. I'm not saying it's bad, not by any means...but for me it hit closer to the 'meh' edge of the scale. I'll stick with Suvla's straight up Sauvignon Blanc.

No comments: